Insurance Plans Acceptance

Re: Cohen's 167 W. 72nd St.

NYC This should have been very simple. I brought my vintage Oliver Peoples frames in to get new lenses on Friday Feb.3 at @ 6PM. I had bought reading glasses there in mid-December and had my eyes examined as part of the price. I had the misfortune of dealing with the so-called store manager: MEL.

He tried to charge me again for an exam but that's not the issue here. I picked a tinted lens and was charged $264.00 and I paid in full. I was told glasses would be ready on Weds. Feb.

8. Unfortunately, my doctor informed me of a cataract and I called Cohen's immediately to cancel the lens order. There was no answer on Saturday. I reached Cohens on Sunday Feb 5 at 11AM.

I spoke with JACKIE. I informed her of my problem and she found my frames-obviously no work had been done yet. I told her I would be in to pick up my frames and get a credit card refund. No service was performed for me and nothing was taken out of stock...these were MY frames.

There was nothing to pay for. Supposedly, MEL would have to authorize a refund but he wasn't in. JACKIE called him I presume at home and she patched him in to make it a 3 way call. MEL PROCEEDED TO SCREAM AT ME IN AN ABUSIVE WAY.

HE CALLED ME "***". AND HE SAID "WHY DON'T YOU GO KILL YOURSELF". JACKIE heard him screaming at me, she heard what he said and she hung up. I've never heard anyone say anything like that...it was completely frightening and he sounded mentally unstable.

I then went directly over to COHEN'S to try and get my frames back. JACKIE informed me that they were not in the store and she denied saying she found them earlier. She said they would be ready on Tues./Weds. A sales person IRINA was witness to this.

I said I canceled the order. I left the store. As of tonight, I notified my credit card company; I left a voice message for CHRISTY in customer relations 516-395-9825 and also a voice message for a DR. ALAN COHEN in corporate 212-792-8100.

I am in complete disbelief at the way I was spoken to and the amount of anger and hostility shown by the manager MEL. It's hard to believe anyone would say these things.

It's hard to believe how a person like this could have a job. I will follow-up tomorrow and I'm sure corporate personnel will be as shocked to hear this as I was to be on the receiving end .

Review about: Cohens Fashion Optical Manager.

I didn't like: Horrible customer service, Attitude and services.

Comments

New York, New York, United States #1286551

FYI: Issue completely resolved. Money refunded and glasses returned to me.

Still....stay away from this store ....don't look for trouble. It was a terrible and bizarre situation.

(Re: Cohen's Optical, W.72nd st. NYC).

New York, New York, United States #1282852

Issue may have been resolved after corporate got involved. Manager "Mel" was menacing and accused me of getting him in trouble when actually he got himself in this situation.

Hopefully I will get the credit and my vintage glasses have been returned.

Advice: stay away from this store.